Wahlers Family Dentistry Reopening Information
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and many of us are looking forward to beginning to resume some normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Scheduling Your Appointment:
Please call us at 610-539-8425 to schedule an appointment if you are having any issues. Note: We will be prioritizing patients with dental issues first, many of whom have been waiting for us to reopen. Routine dental cleanings/checkups may be delayed due to our inability to see everyone quickly. Additionally, many patients that already have appointments scheduled for this summer may need to be moved back to a later date. We will contact you if your previously scheduled appointment needs to be moved back.
What to Expect At Your Appointment:
- Prior to your appointment we will be performing a phone screening to make sure you are feeling healthy and do not have any symptoms.
- When you arrive, please stay in your car, and call our office to let us know you are in the parking lot.
- You will be called in when your dentist or hygienist is ready to see you. If you do not have a cell phone in your car, please knock on the front door when you arrive. The door may be locked.
- We ask you to come alone to your appointment if possible. For minors and those requiring an escort, please discuss this with us when making your appointment.
Upon Entering the Office:
- You will need to wear a face covering (mask) into the office.
- Your temperature checked and will be asked several screening questions.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided to you.
- Practice social distancing of six feet apart where possible.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. We will try not to use the waiting room if possible.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. Appointments may also be slightly longer than normal while we adjust to the additional protocols.
A Clean, Safe Environment:
- Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the PA Department of Health. We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
- We are committed to ensuring the safety of our employees and our patients.
- We have installed multiple HEPA medical grade air filters throughout the office to help maintain a healthy environment.
- We will ask you to rinse out with an antiseptic rinse (once you are seated) which has been shown to reduce spread of infections.
- All staff will be wearing masks at all times.
- Plexiglass barriers have been placed around the front desk to protect both staff and patients.
Patient Information for Appointments:
- We will not perform procedures on patients known or suspected to have COVID-19.
- All patients coming to our offices should self- screen at home prior to arriving.
- Any patient with the following symptoms will not be seen in our office.
- New Cough
- New shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Other symptoms consistent with Covid19.
- All patients will also be verbally screened upon arrival to our office. If considered high risk, the patient will not be seen.
- All employees will undergo a COVID-19 screening by questions and temperature reading every day.
- Anyone who fails the screening test will not be allowed into the office.
We encourage all employees and patients to take these steps:
- Stay home when you are sick
- If you are unsure that you are sick, or believe you have had contact with someone that may have Covid19, reschedule your appointment for at least two weeks in the future.
If you have any questions about your appointment or our office, please call! We thank you for your patience as we reopen!