Wahlers Family Dentistry COVID-19 Information
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the past few years. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
What to Expect At Your Appointment:
- Prior to your appointment we will be performing a phone screening to make sure you are feeling healthy and do not have any symptoms.
- We ask you to come alone to your appointment if possible, to keep the reception area from being overcrowded.
Upon Entering the Office:
- You will need to wear a face covering (mask) into the office.
- Your temperature will be checked and you will be asked several screening questions.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided to you.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. We will try not to use the waiting room if possible.
A Clean, Safe Environment:
- Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the PA Department of Health. We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
- We are committed to ensuring the safety of our employees and our patients.
- We have installed multiple HEPA medical grade air filters throughout the office to help maintain a healthy environment.
- We have had professional installation of ultraviolet light/ionization air purifiers in the HVAC system for constant purification of the air passing through the ductwork.
- We will ask you to rinse out with an antiseptic rinse (once you are seated) which has been shown to reduce spread of infections.
- All staff will be wearing masks at all times.
- Plexiglass barriers have been placed around the front desk to protect both staff and patients.
Patient Information for Appointments:
- We will not perform procedures on patients known or suspected to have COVID-19.
- All patients coming to our offices should self- screen at home prior to arriving.
- Any patients with the following symptoms will not be seen in our office:
- New Cough
- New shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Other symptoms consistent with Covid19.
- All patients will also be verbally screened prior to your visit. If considered high risk, the patient will not be seen.
- Employees will not report to work if Covid infection is suspected.
- Anyone who fails the screening test will not be allowed into the office.
We encourage all employees and patients to take these steps:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- If you are unsure that you are sick, or believe you have had contact with someone that may have COVID-19, reschedule your appointment for at least two weeks in the future.
- This also applies if you are sick with something other than Covid-- we don't want to catch or spread other infections either!
If you have any questions about your appointment or our office, please call! We thank you for your patience during these times!